TIP: Create allocations for your environments
We recommend that you create an allocation for each environment and region in which you have players. For example, you might create the following allocations if you have development, test and production environments and players in Australia and Asia:
- Allocation with region AUSTRALIA, for the development environment
- Allocation with region ASIA, for the development environment
- Allocation with region AUSTRALIA, for the test environment
- Allocation with region ASIA, for the test environment
- Allocation with region AUSTRALIA, for the production environment
- Allocation with region ASIA, for the production environment
The scaler increases and decreases server hardware resources and payloads in line with your game’s requirements, within the boundaries you set in the allocation.
Log into the zeuz control panel and go to Orchestration > Allocations to view your existing allocations.
Image: The Allocations page in the zeuz control panel
The Allocations page displays the following:
- Filter: View the list of allocations by either region or status (enabled or disabled), or both.
- Active allocations: Information including average CPU use, total server memory use, data transfer (traffic) in and out.
Use the Datepicker to view information for a predefined or custom time period.
Click > to view more allocations. The chart updates to reflect the allocations in the list below.
- Allocation details: Information about the allocations that match your filters, including status, ID, description, regions, and the number of active and reserved payloads allocated to each. Click Manage to edit an allocation’s configuration.
Click +ADD ALLOCATION to create an allocation. See Create or edit an allocation for details.
You can only edit one allocation at a time.
In the list of allocations, click the MANAGE link to the right of the allocation that you want to edit. See Create or edit an allocation for details.
2021-sep-07 Page updated: added Edit an allocation.
2021-jun-30 Page updated: updated url for ZCP.
2020-11-27 Page created with editorial review.
Updated about a month ago